My client is a fast-growing, profitable SaaS provider that is a global leader in their space with hundred thousands of paying customers. Their mobile apps have been downloaded over a million times and are among the highest rated in the app stores. The Hong Kong office consists of 50+ talented individuals in engineering, digital marketing and product from all over the world who work from a spacious office with lots of light, open space, games and a big kitchen (free breakfast anyone?). The company has a very international culture and a flat team structure. Most employees work independently with little oversight and you chose your own hardware.
If you're interested in working with super smart and fun colleagues with minimal management overhead and for a company that is passionate about user experience and best practice software development, then please read on.
As a Front-end Developer, you will get to work with writers, UX designers, and engineers to create, test, and ship UI features to more than half a million customers around the world.
You are curious, open-minded, and enjoy taking on new challenges.
What you will be doing:
- Work with writers to design and build pages or emails that are organized and easy to read.
- Work with engineers to implement new UI features on the website.
- Work with UX designers to ensure new UI is easy to use and aligns with existing branding.
- Set up A/B tests and implement the test results for web pages and emails.
- Fix UI bugs caused by browser compatibility issues or client/server side logic.
- Experience building complex responsive UI
- Experience building reusable UI components with Ruby on Rails
- Able to build a complex layout with CSS and HTML
- Able to build consistent UI across various browsers and devices
- Solid understanding of web performance and optimization techniques
- Familiar with OOP and async programming
Great if you also have:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Experience setting up A/B tests with, but not limited to, GA experiments, KissMetrics, and Optimizely
- Keen to practice test-driven development (TDD), ideally experienced with rspec
- You’ll use rspec a lot and will need to learn this from colleagues if you’re not already an expert.
Please contact me directly at email@example.com or call me at +85261122306 for a chat. My client is happy to sponsor working visas for overseas talent.