My client is a fast-growing, profitable SaaS provider that is a global leader in their space with hundred thousands of paying customers. Their mobile apps have been downloaded over a million times and are among the highest rated in the app stores. The Hong Kong office consists of 50+ talented individuals in engineering, digital marketing and product from all over the world who work from a spacious office with lots of light, open space, games and a big kitchen (free breakfast anyone?). The company has a very international culture and a flat team structure. Most employees work independently with little oversight and you choose your own hardware. The company is growing rapidly and combines the best of being financially successful with the creative culture of a start-up.
If you're interested in working with super smart and fun colleagues with minimal management overhead and for a company that is passionate about user experience and best practice software and content development, then please read on.
The ideal candidate is excited about getting their hands dirty in the nitty-gritty process of planning, writing, and editing content, but is also comfortable leading people and projects.
What you will be working on:
- Plan/create/edit all types of content ranging from sales landing pages to long-form blog posts to external thought-leadership guest posts
- Constantly drive action items for current writing teams
- Present written content about technically complex topics in a way that's clear, compelling, and accessible for average consumers
- Write briefs and work tickets for copywriters and freelancers
- Analyze website usage statistics and deliver reports to management
- Work across teams (PR, SEO, advertising, bloggers, product managers, affiliates) to source and manage various landing page and optimization projects
- Understand the entire picture and plan effectively
- Potentially manage freelancers
- Potentially manage (including performance reviews) between two and five in-house writers and content strategists
- Proven work experience as a Content Manager (2+ years as a Content Manager and/or 5+ years as a Writer/Editor)
- Experience implementing large-scale content projects
- Knowledge of web traffic metrics with experience improving website conversion rates
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Firm grasp of business value: Given 50 possible topics/assignments, be able to prioritize the ones that will have the largest impact
- Confident presentation skills
- Incredible people skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- Ability to give constructive feedback and help other writers craft industry-leading copy
- Ability to adapt writing styles for different audiences
- You can outline/conceptualize an entire piece, including text, images, videos, and any other additional multimedia material
Nice if you have:
- Interest in Internet security, privacy, and tech (general)
- Hands-on expertise with WordPress or another CMS
- Some understanding of technical SEO techniques
- Ability to create converting landing pages
- Understanding of user experience with usability testing
- Agile project management
Interested? Let's talk!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at +85261122306 for a chat. My client is happy to sponsor working visas for overseas talent as long as you have a compelling reason to move to HK (such as a deep-rooted love for dim sum).