My client is a fast-growing, profitable SaaS provider that is a global leader in their space with hundred thousands of paying customers. Their mobile apps have been downloaded over a million times and are among the highest rated in the app stores. The Hong Kong office consists of 50+ talented individuals in engineering, digital marketing and product from all over the world who work from a spacious office with lots of light, open space, games and a big kitchen (free breakfast anyone?). The company has a very international culture and a flat team structure. Most employees work independently with little oversight and you choose your own hardware. The company is growing rapidly and combines the best of being financially successful with the creative culture of a start-up.
If you're interested in working with super smart and fun colleagues with minimal management overhead and for a company that is passionate about user experience and best practice software development, then please read on.
My client needs a driven, highly organized Infrastructure Product Manager with excellent communication skills to manage projects across their product, systems, sales, and technical support teams.
What you will be working on:
- Ensure each team has clear product backlogs describing what actions they’ll take to achieve well-defined goals.
- Manage our relationships with about 100 different datacenters around the world. For example:
- Purchase new equipment. Create the orders with the datacenters, track status, then pass the data into our configuration management system and ensure the machines are set up in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that we’re efficiently using prepaid bandwidth quotas. Analyse and distribute our traffic patterns to make best use of the resources available
- Research datacenters. Find alternatives for us to place hardware that will deliver better routes for customers. Use tools provided by our engineers to evaluate different options.
- Triage issues. When our monitoring and support systems notice problems, you make sure the team addresses them in priority order.
- Ticket tracking. Create clear, concise tickets for each issue that an engineer is working on, prioritize these and track them to ensure they are completed.
- Resolve network abuse complaints coming from the datacenters. Decide which ones require follow-up by the engineering team, prioritize and manage them to resolution.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at various datacenters around the world. Once it’s clear what needs to be done, you can very quickly and clearly express that in writing.
- You’ll need a driven personality to do well in this role. Demand fast turnaround times from the datacenters, chase and push to get things done.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions, and dig into an issue until you understand it.
- You must be comfortable handling competing priorities. For example, easily handle situations where you’re asked to do 10 things in a day but only have time for 3. (determine which ones you’re going to handle, and communicate to the stakeholders)
- Excellent follow-through. You don’t “drop” issues. You either get something done in the agreed timeline, or communicate with stakeholders if you need to change the timeline.
It's nice if you also have:
- Experience working with developers and sysadmins.
- Basic familiarity with Linux, or an interest in learning.
Interested? Let's talk!
Please contact me directly at email@example.com or call me at +85261122306 for a chat. My client is happy to sponsor working visas for overseas talent as long as you have a compelling reason to move to HK (such as a deep-rooted love for dim sum).