My client is a fast-growing, profitable SaaS provider that is a global leader in their space with hundred thousands of paying customers. Their mobile apps have been downloaded over a million times and are among the highest rated in the app stores. The Hong Kong office consists of 50+ talented individuals in engineering, digital marketing and product from all over the world who work from a spacious office with lots of light, open space, games and a big kitchen (free breakfast anyone?). The company has a very international culture and a flat team structure. Most employees work independently with little oversight and you choose your own hardware. The company is growing rapidly and combines the best of being financially successful with the creative culture of a start-up.
If you're interested in working with super smart and fun colleagues with minimal management overhead and for a company that is passionate about user experience and best practice software development, then please read on.
As Infrastructure Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for designing and developing solutions that automate the entire infrastructure delivery pipeline: developing custom tools and leveraging Ansible, CI systems, configuration management, and monitoring frameworks.
Does this sound like you?
- You take pride in automating your solutions. You take complex problems, fix them in a testable, repeatable manner, and be confident tp push that out to more than half a million customers around the world without regressions.
- You hold a big-picture view of infrastructure and can consider all the moving parts, even for minor changes.
- Love clear documentation? So does my client! It’s a win-win situation.
- You relish finding ways to improve existing systems, and you're not afraid to jump right in suggesting how things could be done better.
- You have a good understanding of using CI-CD pipelines, and a mindset that can balance just the right mix of testing and delivery.
- When you fix something once, you like to be sure it never needs fixing a second time.
- You take novel approaches and look for the wins that may not always be the most obvious.
Do you have these skills?
- Experience in CI-CD pipelines and a general agile mindset
- Knowledge using configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Expert in at least one modern server-side language, such as Python or Ruby
- Experience with TDD and unit testing
- Experience building high-load, scalable systems. We run on 1500+ servers
- Understanding of Linux, networking, and systems administration
- Understanding of how to build and test security from the start
So, what's the role?
My client invests heavily in the Continuous Delivery methodology, meaning they build often, run automated integration tests and can deploy at a moment’s notice when all tests are green. Your responsibilities will be to develop the systems that enable this to take place. Your systems will be building and testing their global infrastructure, deploying more than 1500 servers worldwide and security solutions, and monitoring, alerting, and self-healing as problems arise.
Interested? Let's talk!
Please contact me directly at email@example.com or call me at +85261122306 for a chat. My client is happy to sponsor working visas for overseas talent as long as you have a compelling reason to move to HK (such as a deeprooted love for dim sum).