Our client is a fast-growing fintech startup focused on the rapidly evolving blockchain ecosystem in the heart of the dynamic Asia Pacific region. We are helping them look for a Systems Engineer to help them manage the security, automation, and administration of their systems’ operations.
We are eager to find an experienced individual with a proven track record in systems engineering (Linux & Windows) to complement the expanding technology team.
You will be exposed to the latest developments in the blockchain industry and have the chance to learn about new technologies through regular training sessions. The company also encourages all engineers to spend up to 10% of your time at work to contribute to open source blockchain projects.
Manage the security, automation and administration of the systems’ operations.
Intricately monitor and improve the security of the blockchain assets trading platform.
Provide coaching to junior engineers to facilitate the upgrade of their skills.
Work closely with our CTO and other engineers to influence decision making and implementation efforts.
A degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or equivalent (2+ years) extensive experience and a proven track record demonstrating:
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios or Icinga
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments (Windows desirable too)
- Experience with system scripting languages (e.g. shell, Perl, Python)
- Experience with security related tools (netfilter, nmap, wireshark, dm-crypt, etc)
- Familiarity with security best practices such as system hardening
- Experience managing databases (MySQL)
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical thinking and a problem-solving mindset.
- Fast learner/willing to learn about the newest technologies.
- Passion for bitcoin, ethereum, smart contracts, dapps and eager to learn about the latest blockchain technology trends.
Great if you have:
Applying for the role
Aside from your CV, please send a brief explanation to email@example.com as to why you will be a good fit and provide links or documentation to showcase your experience and skills in systems engineering. our client promotes a collaborative, creative and friendly working culture. Team members are from all corners of the globe, with 10+ nationalities so far, and they provide visa sponsorship for skilled applicants from outside Hong Kong.